Monday, July 30, 2012

Review : [ 4U2 Series ] DreamGirl Faith BB Cream

The first time I heard about BB Cream, I didn't know what it is. So, I researched what they are and where they came from. And this is what I found. :) 
  
BB cream, also known as Blemish Balm, Blemish Base or Beblesh Balm (due to an apparent copyright on the word "Blemish"), is a cosmetic item sold mainly in East and Southeast Asia, although larger beauty brands are increasingly introducing BB creams to Western markets as well. Originally formulated in Germany by dermatologist Dr. Christine Schrammek in the 1950s, the cream was initially used to protect skin after laser procedures and surgery, while also providing light coverage. Introduced to South Korea and Japan in the 1980s, BB cream has been named "the secret of Korean actresses" and has been heavily endorsed by Korean celebrities,. which gained it large exposure in these Asian markets. ---www.wikipedia.org

So it is pretty obvious that it is a BIG thing to Asian women, especially to Koreans. I am never that excited to try one, I don't know why. Maybe because I have heard that it is just like tinted moisturizer. It won't give you a good coverage so, I wasn't really excited. 


A few weeks ago I went to the mall and "HOARDED" some stuffs. :D [ click HERE for the haul ] 
I got 3 products from the brand 4U2. A BB Cream, BB Powder and Blush. I got the BB Cream, just because. I want to just try it cause the girl said that it is "lightweight" compared to foundations and all that "sales talking."  :D 

For those of you who haven't seen or heard about the brand, 4U2. it is a brand originated from Thailand. You can find 4U2 Cosmetics in any Watsons Store Nationwide.

 Designed by and ultimately 4 twenty something and teenagers, 4U2 is a brand dedicated 2 the challenge of self-expression and the pursuit of self-discovery. The spirit and originality of LA mixed with celebrity and fashion serve as our inspiration, and we hope it inspires U2.
--- READ MORE HERE

 Now, here is the product. The 4U2 dreamGirl Faith BB Cream. The product is described as a "One stop Makeup Base, Foundation and Powder."



 It comes in this cute little pink tube with 30 ml of product inside. 
At the back you will see the instructions on how to apply and the warning/ care and safety. [ You can also see the dates at the back of the product. ]

The ingredients and the important dates were listed on the packaging. 



 When you twist the cap open, this is what you will see. Its not that messy because the hole is just teeny tiny. You will have to squeeze the tube for the product to come out. 


I like it consistency. It isn't too liquid-y but it isn't that creamy as well.
It has a little hint of fragrance to it, but that doesn't really bother me. You won't be able to smell it after a few minutes. 

Here is a hand swatch. 

My hand isn't that dark believe me. Its just the lighting.
  If you can see , the color is a lighter than my skin tone.  But once it blended in properly, it doesn't look that white anymore. 

To summarize, I will show you guys the PROS and the CONS. ♥
PROS
* It comes in this cute tube that can fit your purse without eating up a lot of space. 
* It is really lightweight compared to my liquid foundies. I love that I don't feel anything when I'm wearing it. 
* It is very affordable. I bought it for Php 184.00 from Watsons. 
* The ingredients are listed.
* It leaves your skin with a super smooth finish. And it glides on to the skin smoothly as well. 
* It dries up a little bit fast. But not as fast as my Revlon Colorstay.  
* It lasts pretty long considering that I have an oily skin. 
* I feel like my skin is absorbing the product. And it feels moisturizing.

CONS
* The ingredients are listed. BUT not to the tube itself, it is listed on the packaging. 
* It has TALC. Some people can be very allergic to it. And I have read somewhere that talc is closely related to asbestos that is a carcinogen. It can cause cancer. 
*  It tends to leave a white cast and to look a bit cakey when it is not blended in so well. 
* It only gives you a light coverage. You can't put too much cause it will really look cakey. 
 * It is only available in ONE shade. Universal color. 

 FYI 
I use my 4u2 BB Powder to set it. 
I use my bare fingers to apply the BB Cream evenly. Because I find that it looks cakey whenever I use my ELF brush.

I LIKE it but DON'T love it. It is a good product but it didn't impressed me that much. 
Will I repurchase? 
Maybe not. I don't use it everyday because of the talc. That's why I still have a lot of it left.  But I use it every time I feel lazy. :D

Will I recommend?
Yes. But it is not a must have. It is great because of the smooth looking finish, and it feels smooth as well! Maybe you'll love it. :) 

HAVE YOU GUYS TRIED THIS PRODUCT ALREADY? HOW WAS IT? 
LET ME KNOW! COMMENT DOWN BELOW! ♥

MY GIVEAWAY IS STILL ON GOING! 

Like my FB page: All about being Glam
Follow me on Twitter: @michelchellie
Follow me on Instagram: michelchellie
Follow my blog via GFC --- >
and Bloglovin <--- 

DISCLAIMER: I AM NOT PAID FOR THIS REVIEW. This is based on my own opinion and experiences. 



9 comments:

  1. sis ok ba sya sa oily skin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes. i think okay naman siya ate.. i have oily skin din eh. and it lasts pretty long din. :) their powder is really good! wait for my review on that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that this is too white for your shade... kainis lang yung bb cream nila kasi "universal shade"... they should've given out more shades para lahat pwede. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. it really is whiter than my shade. I actually said that on my post.. but it isnt naman TOO white. especially if naabsorb na sya ng skin and after i set it with my powder.. nagbblend naman sya sa skin. pero yeah! thats on of the cons. isa lang shade nya.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ang cute ng packaging! i haven't tried any 4u2 cosmetics yet! i want to try out their lovelight foundation. tama ba? hehe. Ang daming raves about that powder and I've seen that in your monthly favorites as well.


    As for the BB cream, I'm a BB cream virgin! I don't know why pero feeling ko lahat ng BB cream ang puti sa face. I guess I just have to find out the perfect shade for me.


    Can BB cream be used as an alternative for foundation? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes! lovelight chu chu powder. hehe. yes.. thats why i tried it! i will review mine, maybe on monday...

    thats my first BB as well.. and yes. i think most of them talaga is super puti! this one only have 1 shade kaya its really whiter compared to mine. but the skin absorbs it and after it oxidizes okay naman na sya..

    this one, yes.. thats what im doing it. i dont like wearing it alone kasi nga its whiter. pero the coverage, foundations give better coverage. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. ang cute ng packaging! i haven't tried any 4u2 cosmetics yet! i want to try out their lovelight foundation. tama ba? hehe. Ang daming raves about that powder and I've seen that in your monthly favorites as well. As for the BB cream, I'm a BB cream virgin! I don't know why pero feeling ko lahat ng BB cream ang puti sa face. I guess I just have to find out the perfect shade for me. Can BB cream be used as an alternative for foundation? :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hehe, natawa ko sa chuchu powder. I find 4u2's name for its product weird and annoying? Haha! (sorry) ang hirap tandaan eh.


    Oh, thanks for explaining! Maybe I wouldn't be needing a BB cream in my life. Haha. Ewan.. it's horrible to put on something to your face that doesn't match your skin tone especially if it's lighter lalo sa flash photography!


    Would you consider BB cream as a must have product? :)
    I hope you don't mind if I ask too much :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. hehehe.. yeah too long. :P parang not naman necessary..

    yes. i agree though. but what i love about this is, its really lightweight.. you wont feel anything talaga! but yeah. one shadfe nga lang. :)

    nope! i dont think its a must.. if youre okay with foundies, i will stick with that. :)
    its okay!! hehe. i love it! :)

    ReplyDelete

DISCLAIMER

My blog is all about BEAUTY and life in general. I am NOT an expert on anything, but I hope you find this blog helpful in some way. The products featured are either bought by my OWN personal money, gifted or sponsored. However, all reviews are based on my own experiences and personal opinion about them. Remember the golden rule, "What works for others MIGHT not work for you." Buy with your own discretion. PLEASE DO NOT COPY THE CONTENT AND PHOTOS ON MY BLOG AND CONSIDER IT AS YOUR OWN. Kindly ask for a permission first and make sure to give proper credits and link back to my blog. THANK YOU!