Tuesday, July 10, 2012

REVIEW: ELF Contouring blush and Bronzing powder


"Creates a healthy and natural glow all year long. The Blush highlights the cheeks to add 

a flush of color, while the Bronzer accents and contours cheekbones for beautiful 

definition."  -- www.eyeslipsface.com 

I think this product is one of THE most raved product from ELF. I have been hearing a lot of people saying that this product is a great dupe for NARS' Orgasm and Laguna Duo, which I cannot agree or disagree with cause I do not have the latter product. I have never seen the NARS' Duo before but I did research and the product looks so much the same. 

I have been using this product, specifically the bronzer, for more than a year now. I use it every single day to give shape to my big round face. hehe AND I absolutely am in love with it. I kid you not! I cannot leave the house without it. CONTOURING makes a HUGE difference! 

I LOVE IT! And it is obvious! hehe I hit pan on the bronzer already. :D 
If you guys can see, the products obviously have chunks of glitters on it. And I am  not a fan of glitters, but once you put it on your face and blend it really well. The glitters/shimmers doesn't show up that much.

I don't use the blush that much cause I think its too light. And whenever I apply it on my face by itself, it doesn't show any color.
[ BTW, I am a shade of NC42 on MAC foundation ] 

So, I think those people who have lighter skin shade can use the blush for a natural glow. 
I sometimes combine the two color for a very sun kissed looking glow on the face.

The blush is a light peach color with a pink-ish undertone. And it has a chunks of gold glitters. 
The bronzer is a warm toned brown color with chunks of gold glitters as well. 


PROS :
♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥
* It is very pigmented! The color shows off after 1-2 coats/layer
* The packaging looks super chic! I love how compact it is. 
* The bronzer is amazing! It has glitters but it doesn't really look shimmery on the face. 
* It is super smooth on the skin and you wont have a hard time applying it. 
* It is super cheap and you can find it at any ELF counters. 
I bought it for Php 249.50 at Watsons Mall of Asia. 
* It will last you a very long time. 
I believe I bought it last year, June 2011. And I use it every single day! Until now I still have lots of product. :) 

CONS :
:(
* The blush is too light. But its build - able. 
* It is a bit chalky. [ what I do is a I tap the excess product from the brush before applying it on my face. ]


I love it more than I don't because I think for its price, the product is amazing! 
I can't say enough good things about it cause I really really love it. I think a bronzer/contouring powder is a must have in every girl's kikay kit. 

I cannot compare it with any other bronzers cause I haven't used other brands yet. So for now, this is my go-to product. :) 

Will I repurchase it? 
YES! But I would love to just buy the bronzer one cause I really don't use the blush that much. 

Will I recommend it? 
I will definitely recommend this to everyone! Especially those who don't have enough money yet to buy high end products like MAC or NARS. This is definitely a must have! :)


DISCLAIMER: 
I am not sponsored nor paid to do this review. All the opinions are honest and not biased or anything. I can guarantee you a honest to goodness reviews. 

~chel

FOLLOW MY FB: HERE
FOLLOW MY TWITTER: @michelchellie
FOLLOW MY INSTAGRAM: michelchellie
FOLLOW MY BLOG via GFC : HERE
or check out the side bar -- >> 

No comments:

Post a Comment

DISCLAIMER

My blog is all about BEAUTY and life in general. I am NOT an expert on anything, but I hope you find this blog helpful in some way. The products featured are either bought by my OWN personal money, gifted or sponsored. However, all reviews are based on my own experiences and personal opinion about them. Remember the golden rule, "What works for others MIGHT not work for you." Buy with your own discretion. PLEASE DO NOT COPY THE CONTENT AND PHOTOS ON MY BLOG AND CONSIDER IT AS YOUR OWN. Kindly ask for a permission first and make sure to give proper credits and link back to my blog. THANK YOU!